- 27 Aug. 2005 - 07:08:
i'm thinking about trying out some shells (in particular, bblean, because it's small and simple), but i'm looking for some clarification.
1. how are the plugins? e.g. is the systray plugin stable? does it lose icons? at least explorer is tried and true (although some might dispute this, since it's microsoft
2. how is the desktop functionality? i use "my computer" and "recycle bin" frequently. how is the implementation of these in alternative shells? can i work directly with the recycle bin like i would with explorer?
3. do most shells have win + r by default? i use the run command extensively, especially to load apps, so this is critical.
4. what about desktop context menus? i know that many shells replace it with their own context menu. what sort of functionality would i lose?
5. is there anything else i need to think about?
sorry for the long post. thanks for reading.